From PanelForge 2 Documentation
Revision as of 02:20, 5 January 2016 by James (Created page with " =Preparation= Make sure the target computer system reaches the minimum System Requirements. Obtain the correct PanelForge software distribution for your computer’s op...")
Make sure the target computer system reaches the minimum System Requirements. Obtain the correct PanelForge software distribution for your computer’s operating system. Carefully refer to this PanelForge documentation wiki when required.
The PanelForge software is provided in three forms:
- PanelForge-1_X_X-Mac64.dmg - A Macintosh OS X compressed disk image containing the ‘PanelForge.app’ OS X application file.
- PanelForge-1_X_X-Win64.exe - A Windows installer executable that will install the PanelForge Program directory and register the PanelForge executable and uninstaller in the Windows registry and add a shortcut to PanelForge to the Windows Start Menu.
- PanelForge-1_X_X-Win64.zip - A compressed directory containing the PanelForge Program directory which contains the ‘PanelForge.exe’ executable that can be run without installation for portability and testing.
Although the installation of PanelForge is designed to be as easy and intuitive as possible the following provides a detail description of it's nature.
If you have already installed a previous version of ‘PanelForge’ it is required to be uninstalled before continuing.
To install on Windows load the installer executable for PanelForge and follow the simple on screen instructions:
The installer will install the following items:
- The PanelForge program directory (default into the Windows ‘ProgramFiles’ directory).
- A Shortcut to the PanelForge executable and uninstaller executable into the Windows Start Menu.
- Registry entries for PanelForge Project ‘pfz’ and Panel ‘pfn’ file format association.
- Registry entries for PanelForge Project and Panel file format icons for use in Windows Explorer.
- Registry entry for PanelForge uninstaller for use with the ‘Uninstall A Program’ Windows Control Panel.
=Silent Command Line Installation
The above installer executable can also be used via the Windows Command Prompt without the display of graphical windows. This mode can be activated using ‘/s’ silent flag.
For temporary usage of PanelForge the compressed distribution of the PanelForge Program directory can be used:
First decompress the above file, then open the ‘panelforge.exe’ Windows executable file in the decompressed PanelForge Program directory.
Using this installation method for a permanent solution is not recommend as it will not provide the optimal experience with the Windows operating system.
If you have already installed a previous version of PanelForge it is recommended to uninstall it before continuing to avoid possible confussion.
To install on Macintosh open the PanelForge disk image file using the OS X Finder:
In the disk mounted from the above disk image drag the ‘PanelForge’ application file to the ‘Application’ folder. The mounted disk can then be ejected and the copied ‘PanelForge’ application opened. The ‘PanelForge’ application will open and function correctly if renamed or moved to any other folder although the above placement is recommended.
First exit PanelForge if open before proceeding with uninstallation.
To uninstall PanelForge the Windows 'Uninstall or Change a Program' Control Panel can be used. The following instructions refer to Windows 7, under other version of Windows the method may vary.
1) Open the Windows 'Control Panels' using the start menu item.
2) Select the 'Uninstall a program' item.
3) In the 'Uninstall or change a program' window double click the 'Garibaldi Express' item from the list.
4) Select Yes when prompted to uninstall 'Garibaldi Express'.
5) You have now have successfully uninstalled 'Garibaldi Express'.
First quit PanelForge application if open before proceeding with uninstallation.
Locate the PanelForge application you installed and to the trash.
For complete removal the current users preferences file can be also optional removed from ‘~/Library/Preferences/com.panelforge.PanelForge.plist’.
If you are experiencing unexpected results and require additional support contact use via email: TODO
The PanelForge Viewport UI is not drawing Correctly
Installing a newer graphics card/chipset driver in many cases will fix this issue. Older versions of Windows may not automatically update graphics card drivers as part of the 'Windows Update' feature.
Official Graphics card/chipset drivers can be found at the following websites depending on model: