This page is early work in progress draft. Information may be incorrect or incomplete.
Each viewport in PanelForge provides a specialised toolbar with a range of interface items to quickly manipulate how and what is shown in viewport.
This toolbar is divided into the following sections:
Quick Brush Presets
These presets can be replaced by dragging a preset from the Brush Presets Palette Window. Double clicking an item will display an input to adjust the text label.
The default 'Quick Brush Preset' are the following:
- S1: Fine width sketching pen.
- S2: Medium width sketching pen.
- C1: Small width colouring pen.
- C2: Medium width colouring pen.
- F1: Medium width filling pen (draws behind previous pen stokes on current layer).
- F2: Large width filling pen (draws behind previous pen stokes on current layer).
Current Canvas Tool Colour
Clicking on the colour square will show the Operating System’s colour picker.
The colour square can also be dragged with the mouse cursor to the ‘Quick Colour’ swatches and the swatches areas in the Colour Swatches palette.
Quick Colours Swatches
The current tool colour can be set by clicking on any of the swatches in this area. The swatches can be reorders by click and dragging any of the eight searches to another swatch. Any of the eight quick colour swatches can be replaced by a colour swatch being dragged from the main colour swatches area or the current tool colour well in the canvas toolbar. The colour swatches can be also edited by double clicking on the swatch to display the colour swatch editing dialog window.
Interfaces to quickly change the additional items displayed in the Canvas Viewport.
Overlay Display Menu Button
Toggle the display of Overlays in the Viewport via a popup menu when the button is clicked. The following items are avalible to toggle in the popup menu:
- Show All Overlays - Toggles all the Overlays in the menu active.
- Hide All Overlays - Toggles all the Overlays in the menu deactive.
- Panel Name
- Panel Time Code
- Panel Time Code
- Panel Focal Length
- Panel Dialogue
- Panel Action
- Panel Camera
- Panel Tag Colour
Guides Display Menu Button
Toggle the display of Guides in the Viewport via a popup menu when the button is clicked. The following items are avalible to toggle in the popup menu:
- Show All Guides - Toggles all the Guides in the menu active.
- Hide All Guides - Toggles all the Guides in the menu deactive.
- Canvas Origin
- Action Safe Area
- Title Safe Area
Contains controls to adjust the rotation of the Canvas view allowing more natural interaction with Canvas Tools.
- Editable numeric input of the canvas rotation in degrees.
- Rotate Left Button - Rotates view counter clockwise 22.5 degrees.
- Rotate Right Button - Rotates view clockwise 22.5 degrees.
Contains controls to adjust the Zoom of the Canvas view allowing more natural interaction with Canvas Tools. Zoom is represented as a percentage where 100% is the actual pixel resolution of the Canvas matched to the screen pixels (HiDpi/Retina screens have multiple physical pixels per screen pixel).
- Slider provides a fluid way to adjust the Zoom from 2% to 700% using a nonlinear scale.
- Editable numeric input of the canvas Zoom.
- Button to Zoom Out of the canvas in nonlinear intervals.
- Button to Zoom In of the canvas in nonlinear intervals.
- Button activate the ‘Fit Canvas to Viewport’ Zoom mode.
Contains controls to switch the Workspace layout. These controls are present in all workspaces.
- Popup Menu to select between the available workspaces. Last menu entry ‘Reset Default Workspaces’ will reset the default ‘Canvas Workspace’ and ’Stage Workspace’.
- Button to switch between the current and previous workspace.
- Button to toggle display of Assets Palette Window.
- Button to toggle hidding of Palette Windows docked into the Workspace Window.